A Tale of Sand ! (PC)
Game Designer / Lead Level Designer
8 Months Project
Team of 5 people
Players play as a sand ball which is trapped in a house and tries to escape from there. When the sand ball is in contact with specific elements or objects, it gets modified for a limited amount of time. All along the game, player has the abilities to change property of sand ball. For example, when the sand ball is in touch with wind, the grains are scattering which allow the sand ball to slide into air. Player also upgrades those abilities by collecting other grains of sand which are scattered all over the house.
The player controls the character made of Sand and acquires elemental power as it progresses in its journey.
We followed a simple production system of
1. Pre-production: Defined the Platform, Audience, Role, and Game Design validation, Rapid prototyping of the core mechanics and the gameplay pillar and play testing within the team.
2. Production: Creation of Alpha and Beta based on Pre-production.
3. Post – Production: QA, External Play testing, Bug Fixing and Marketing.
- Competitor Analysis and Concurrency survey.
- Game mechanics design,implementation and tuning.
- Player Ergonomics Design and implementation.
- Level Design and implementation.
- Play-testing and iteration.
will be updated
Update: A Tale of Sand is awarded 1st with distinction by Dsk Supinfogame jury 2013.